Andrea Routley’s work has appeared in numerous literary magazines, including the Malahat Review and Room Magazine, and in 2008, she was shortlisted for the Rona Murray Prize for Literature. She is the founder and editor of Plenitude Magazine, Canada’s queer literary magazine. She edited Walk Myself Home: An Anthology to End Violence Against Women (Caitlin Press, 2010), which continues to receive praise from magazines like Bitch, Herizons, Prairie Fire and the Vancouver Sun. In 2012, she completed a degree in writing from the University of Victoria. Her debut short story collection, Jane and the Whales, is a finalist for a Lambda Literary Award, an international English-language award for LGBT literature.
Share this page
Caitlin books by Andrea Routley
Find Andrea Routley online
News and Reviews
- Remembrance: Our Gift to You
- Word Vancouver: Willie Sellars, Jane Byers, Dianne Whelan, Jane Eaton Hamilton, Derrick Stacey Denholm and Andrea Routley
- Sunshine Coast Festival of the Written Arts: Andrea Routley, Jane and the Whales
- Victoria: Book reading — Andrea Routley, Jane and the Whales at Pride in the Word
- Roberts Creek: Book launch — Janine Alyson Young, Hideout Hotel with Andrea Routley
- Fantastic short fiction this Friday
- Vancouver: Multi-author book reading — Andrea Routley, Jane and the Whales
- Writers’ Room: Andrea Routley on the short story
- Victoria: Book Reading — Janine Alyson Young and Andrea Routley
- Andrea Routley’s Jane and the Whales a Lambda Literary Award FINALIST!