Jay Sherwood started his career in surveying before becoming a teacher-librarian. He is the author of nine BC history books, including the four-book series about the career of surveyor Frank Swannell. Two of his works have been BC Book Prize finalists, and three have received BC Historical Federation awards. Ootsa Lake Odyssey won the 2018 Jeanne Clarke Memorial local history award. His most recent publications have been the two-part series on the Alberta/BC boundary survey. Sherwood is retired and currently lives in Burnaby.
Photo Evan Sherwood.
Share this page
Caitlin books by Jay Sherwood
- Chautauqua Serenade
- Landscape of Ernest Lamarque, The
- Ootsa Lake Odyssey
- Surveying Northern British Columbia
- Surveying Southern British Columbia
- Surveying the 120th Meridian and the Great Divide
- Surveying the Great Divide